- 20 May
When you think family vacation, you think of that perfect cereal-packet family smiling away, no chipped teeth, teary eyes, stained clothes; just happy individuals who love each other very much. But if you’ve ever taken a family vacation, you know it’s one of the most taxing experiences emotionally, physically and mentally.
Save yourself the trouble of planning every detail of your vacation out, even if it’s just a Disney tour, not a trip to the Bahamas, by traveling in comfort and taking a private VIP tour. You get to experience a stress-free vacation and actually sit back and enjoy your time instead of fretting every minute of the day.
Families who travel often or scratch that, have ever traveled together, can tell you that it is not easy traveling with kids, especially toddlers. Older kids are easier to manage and infants only really need naps and milk, but your toddler really makes you question what you did to deserve the wrath of a 3-year-old.
- Always plan ahead. Even if you’re taking a guided tour, planning ahead of time is important and necessary. See if you can take advantage of off-peak season and save up on a lot of expenses like air-fare and accommodation.
- Plan with your kids in mind. You can’t take your children where you want to be and fairly expect them to enjoy and If you don’t think of them and the things they might enjoy before planning, you might be at fault here. Ask them. Kids are way smarter than we give them credit for and they have a fair idea of what they want.
- Think of everyone traveling with you, including elderly and teens. Your vacation shouldn’t bore your family or be impractical for them. Orlandohas something for everyone, FYI. That includes the incredible Disney World too!
- Accommodation is important, particularly for large groups. Renting 6 hotel rooms for a week is likely to drain your pocket far more than one Air BnB house. Plus you get lots of space, privacy—as much privacy as a family vacation allows—a kitchen and other amenities that can save you a hefty sum.
- Use group and family discounts on things like local transport and diners that will welcome large groups and offer special deals. Make the most of what comes your way.
- Smoothen over the finer details, but you can always leave the actual itinerary to experts who will make your vacation truly feel like one. Otherwise you’ll be the manager and get no down-time to yourself.