- 26 Mar
Disney Worldwide Outreach Program is a charitable division of Walt Disney Company that helps different charity events as well as local initiatives. Disney Voluntears is a part of Disney Worldwide Outreach Program and is a charity association with a mission to give opportunity to Disney’s cast members and their families to contribute their time, expertise and effort for a positive impact on the community.
In 1983 Disney Cast Members desired to be of service to the community by forming a team and focusing on providing personal time and money for a better cause, this idea helped in creation of Disney Community Action Team (DCAT). After the formation of DCAT, this dedicated body helped many nonprofit establishments in Orange County, California. After the success of this group, in 1992 Disney initiated VoluntEARS program organization-wide.
In 2002 Disney introduced a new program as “Ears to You.” through this program cast members are able to make donations to charities based on their volunteering work for that charity. As a mark of appreciation on behalf of Disney in 2012 after the cast member volunteered for 8,446 hours “EARS to You” was made. It helped volunteers to be matched with right skillset or individual preference skill sets.
In 2005 different volunteering body’s working under Disney sharing same intentions came to a consensus and adopted the name “VoluntEARS” for the organization.
VoluntEARS program has served in six continents including over 200 cities, 24 states and 24 countries spread around the globe. Based on the skillset and interests of the volunteers they are each assigned to specific volunteering work. There are different projects under VoluntEARS that focuses on helpings families and children, support for education, preserving the environment, arts, social service initiatives and military outreach.
- In 2005, Voluntears program completed 442,000 hours of service and donated US$ 190 million to charities and services globally.
- In 2006, program completed 200,000 hours of service and donated more than $22 million to Florida organizations and charities.
- In 2010, over 548,000 volunteering hours were accomplished.
- In 2011 donated:
- 500 pints of blood to Providence Health Services and the American Red Cross.
- Thousands of toys to the “Toys for Tots” Foundation.
- Supported 700 people during Adopt-A-Family program.
Provided 85,000 community service hours and 160 projects in 2011.
- Around 200 events held annually where cast members can volunteer.
- Each year, more than $350,000 are distributed to different organizations nominated by cast members through employee-managed Disney VoluntEARS Community Fund grants.
- Through EARS to You program 326 cast members financially contributed nearly $300,000 to native nonprofit organizations. With this program cast members can turn their volunteering hours into financial currency to help the nonprofit body of their liking.
Five Star Private VIP Tours helps with planning and booking to Disney VIP tours Orlando by briefing about different attractions available and what will be the priority based on budget and how you can have ease of transport to the attractions. Live assistance provided on the way will help to minimize time waste.