- 29 Apr
Disneyland Paris will be launching a new queue skipping system this summer!
This is a big year for Disneyland Paris as it celebrates its 30th anniversary and launches the new Avengers Campus!
As well as a brand new daytime parade and show, plus a new nighttime spectacular that uses 200 drones to dance in the sky, (a first for any Disney Park in the world!), Disney is now launching a new way to experience rides.
A new queue skipping system, called Premier Access Ultimate, has been announced for Disneyland Paris and will give guests the ability to join a shorter Premier Access queue for 12 popular rides at Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park!
Premier Access Ultimate can be used across both parks and will allow visitors to skip the queue standby for each eligible ride once per day.
The cost for Premier Access Ultimate will start from €90, with the prices increasing during busier times in the parks. How expensive it could get we are yet to know!
Disneyland Paris already has Premier Access, where guests can pay per person, per ride to join a shorter queue, with prices starting from €5.
You can purchase a Premier Access Pass via the Disneyland Paris app. Simply select ‘Buy Premier Access’ on the homepage to be taken to a page where you can see all the available rides and which timeslots are offered. You can also see the price for each ride.
Once you have selected your ride, timeslot, and paid you will receive a QR code. You then simply scan this QR code to enter the Premier Access queue at your designated timeslot.
The new Premier Access Ultimate version is perfect for people who want to be able to skip the queue for a large number of rides without having to pay for each one individually.
The rides with Premier Access queues are:
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
- Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain
- Star Tours: The Adventure Continues
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Phantom Manor
- Crush’s Coaster
- Ratatouille: The Adventure
- The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror
- Cars Road Trip
- To make the most out of Premier Access Ultimate you need to have a park hopper ticket so you can enjoy the rides in both Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park.
- Premier Access Ultimate will be able to purchase ahead of your trip or on the day of your visit. Premier Access Passes for individual rides can be purchased on the day, once you are inside the park.
- So will this new ride skipping pass come across the pond to Walt Disney World?
- At Disney World, we have seen Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Passes come to the parks in 2021. These replaced the old, and free, FastPass+ system.
- The Individual Lightning Lane Pass system, where you pay per person, per ride is very similar to Premier Access in Disneyland Paris. 8 of the most popular rides at Disney World have this system, with prices ranging from $7 to $15. Both Premier Access and Individual Lightning Lane prices fluctuate depending on how busy the parks are.
- Disney Genie+ is similar, but also different, to the new Premier Access Ultimate. Genie+ costs $15 per person, per day and stays the same price all year round. Genie+ is significantly cheaper than Premier Access Ultimate, which starts at €90 per person, but Genie+ does have restrictions that Premier Access Ultimate doesn’t.
- With Genie+ you can only have one queue skipping reservation at a time and this often means people only get to skip the queue on 3 or 4 rides a day with Genie+. Premier Access Ultimate will not need you to book one reservation at a time. You can ride at any time up to 12 rides at Disneyland Paris.
Whether Disney World will also begin to offer a new premium queue skipping service similar to Premier Access Ultimate is yet to be seen.
If this were to happen it could mean that Disney World may offer a select number of attractions that would be included where guests could access the Lightning Lane for a set price, instead of having to pay individually or only having one reservation at a time, like the two current ride skipping services on offer.
This would also be similar to the Universal Orlando Express Pass, making Disney World in line with its main competitor in Florida.
Disneyland Paris has been a testing ground for new features Disney wishes to explore. Premier Access Passes replaced the FastPass system in Disneyland Paris in 2021 and was a predecessor to Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lanes in Walt Disney World. It is possible that if Disney sees success with the new Premier Access Ultimate in Disneyland Paris it may be heading to Disney World.