- 14 Feb
TRON is finally opening on April 4 at Magic Kingdom! Cast previews are currently in progress and AP registration opens on February 16th! AP previews will most likely occur throughout the month of March.
What to know when riding TRON:
There will be only two ways to ride: The (free) virtual queue, and the paid Individual Lightning Lane option (no word on cost yet). Standby will not be an option.
- Virtual Queue: TRON will use a virtual queue system that is booked through the My Disney Experience app. Although details have not been shared, it will probably work like other new attractions. Guests will have two opportunities each day to join the virtual queue, 7 am, and 1 pm. Slots book super-fast, but it’s typically a bit easier to get into the 1 pm queue than the 7 am queue.
- Individual Lightning Lane (ILL): TRON will also offer the paid Individual Lightning Lane option. Even if you get a spot in the virtual queue, you can still purchase an ILL. No word yet on the price – it usually varies from day to day. It will probably hover around $25 per person a day at the initial opening. But that’s just a guess.
- Required Locker System: TRON will use a required locker system. The double-sided, digitized locker system is built into the queue and used to store bags and loose items while you ride the attraction. The lockers are complementary and pair directly with your MagicBand, MagicBand+, or hard ticket so you can easily lock and reopen your locker with a quick tap. All items must be placed in a locker before you board. Check out this video on how it works.
CHARACTER MEET & GREETS AT HOLLYWOOD! More and more characters are popping up every day, and Hollywood Studios just announced a full lineup.
- Meet Powerline Max and Vacation Goofy on Grand Avenue
- Frozone and Edna Mode have popped up in the grassy areas near Dockside Diner – these are “character sightings” and not official meet & greets
- Meet & Mrs. Incredible near Echo Lake
- The Green Army Patrol return to Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios – they roam throughout the land, catch them intermittently throughout the day
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers will be greeting Guests at Adventure Outpost next to Indiana Jones EPIC Stunt Spectacular beginning February 15th
Showtimes are noted in the My Disney Experience App. Be sure to check on the day of your visit, so you know exactly when to plan to meet your favorite character!
EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival will bloom from March 1st through July 5th!
Here are just a few things you can expect to see in 2023:
- Encanto joins the topiary lineup! Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela, and Luisa will appear near the EPCOT main entrance
- A new Princess Tiana topiary can be found at The American Adventure Pavilion
- There will be more than 15 new outdoor kitchens, offering unique food and drink items
- Garden Rocks Concert Series will return! If you’d like a guaranteed seat at one of the shows, book a dining package at select restaurants in EPCOT. For a more relaxed Disney vacation consider an Orlando VIP Tour.