- 28 May
Universal Studios Orlando is one of the most popular amusement parks in the United States, attracting millions of yearly visitors. However, the average American family spends around $58 daily on food and drinks when visiting an amusement park. It’s no surprise that many visitors are interested in saving money by bringing their own snacks and meals.
According to a survey conducted by the National Restaurant Association, 63% of amusement park visitors say they are likely to purchase food and drinks at the park, with 51% saying they are willing to pay more for healthier options. Bringing their own food and water to Universal Studios Orlando can be an excellent way for visitors to save money and accommodate their dietary restrictions, considering that food prices at theme parks are often high.
So can you bring food and water into Universal Studios Orlando?
Yes. According to the park’s official website, you can bring your own food and water to Universal Studios Orlando. While the park generally permits visitors to bring outside food and drinks, there are some restrictions to keep in mind.
You’re welcome to bring small snacks, fruit, and non-alcoholic beverages in personal-sized containers and necessary medical items. However, the park prohibits bringing full meals, coolers, and any food that requires heating or refrigeration. That means no sandwiches, burgers, or pizza and no large containers such as coolers for storing food and drinks.
When it comes to water, small, personal-sized bottles are allowed, but they can’t be made of glass. You can also bring empty water bottles to refill at the park’s water fountains. Remember that large water bottles aren’t permitted, as they’re considered coolers, and any other drinks besides water are only allowed if they’re medically necessary.
Tips for saving money on food at Universal Studios Orlando
Visitors who are looking to save money on food at Universal Studios Orlando have several options:
- Purchase meal deals: Universal Studios Orlando offers various meal deals to help visitors save money on food. These meal deals include a main course, a side dish, and a drink, and they are available at various restaurants throughout the park.
- Share meals: Another way to save money on food is to share meals. Many of the meals at Universal Studios Orlando are large enough to be shared between two or more people, which can help cut costs.
- Bring snacks: Visitors can bring snacks and small items to munch on throughout the day. This can help tide visitors over until their next meal and save them money on expensive snacks at the park.
- Eat outside the park: Many restaurants and fast-food chains are located nearby, outside the park. This can be cheaper for visitors looking to save money on food.
Preparing and packing food for Universal Studios Orlando
For visitors who are looking to bring in their food to the park, it’s essential to prepare and pack the food correctly:
- Use Insulated Bags: To keep food fresh and cool, use insulated bags. These bags will help keep the food at the right temperature and prevent it from spoiling.
- Bring Non-Perishable Snacks: Granola bars, trail mix, or dried fruit can be easily stored and will not spoil in the heat.
- Consider Dietary Restrictions: Visitors with dietary restrictions should consider bringing their food to the park. This will ensure they can access food that meets their needs and preferences.
- Plan Ahead: Visitors should plan and bring enough food and water to last them throughout the day. This will prevent them from having to purchase expensive food and drinks at the park.
Maximizing your park experience
Visitors to Universal Studios Orlando are allowed to bring their food and water into the park as long as they adhere to the park’s restrictions and guidelines. While visitors cannot bring full meals or large containers, they can still bring small snacks, fruit, and non-alcoholic beverages. By planning and bringing their food and water, visitors can save money, accommodate their dietary restrictions, and enjoy healthier food options.
Whether you’re a budget-conscious visitor or just want to bring your homemade snack, don’t forget to plan and pack for your next Universal Studios Orlando visit. By following the park’s rules and regulations and utilizing these helpful tips, visitors can have a fantastic time and make the most of their park experience.